Monday, March 24, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday


This Easter Sunday I celebrated by watching a zombie marathon with cartoonist friends. Jon-Mikel Gates and Colleen Frakes put the shindig together (it's their tradition). Here was the line-up:

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Bio Zombie
Wild Zero
Zombi 2

I missed Zombi 2 (and its famous underwater zombie vs. shark scene), but I stayed for the rest. I really enjoyed Wild Zero (with Guitar Wolf!) Bio Zombie was pretty good too. And we watched the Thriller music video! If it's been a couple of years, watch Thriller. It's just as good as you remember, I promise.

It got me thinking about the secret zombie comic that exists only in my head and in my sketchbook. Maybe, some day, I'll draw it.

This weekend I was able get back to work on Sourpuss. It hasn't been easy, but I feel like I'm back in the swing. There's no reason issue two shouldn't be at Stumptown.

Right now I'm trying to draw a teenage make-out scene. It's tough.

I don't want to spoil too much, so I'll just post an early image. I just want to let you know I'm back in the saddle.

No comments: