Monday, March 3, 2008

Welcome to 2008

Hello, friends and strangers of the Internet. Curious about what's going down at Unpopular Comics?

I've started this blog to offer weekly updates on my creative projects. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Ignore for the moment that we are well into 2008! I want to write about a project I do every new years: Diary Tunes.

Dairy Tunes is a mix cd trading club I started back in 2002. The idea is to create a mix cd that represents the past year of your life - sort of like an audio time capsule, and any music is fair game.

I've been trading for 6 years now, so I have quite the collection! Most of the Diary Tunes members are cartoonist friends, so I also get the benefit of having a nice collection of album art.



Here's my cover for my 2007 mix cd. The title is a lyric from a Byrds song (when Gram Parsons was in the line-up). Several of the songs on my cd are about winter (we've had a tough one in Vermont this year).







Here’s my line-up!

1. Out on the Weekend - Neil Young
2. Shisheler - The Mogador Band
3. The Butcher’s Boy - Buell Kazee
4. America - Simon & Garfunkel
5. Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
6. Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues - Bob Dylan
7. This Place is a Prison - The Postal Service
8. Van Occupanther – Midlake
9. Don’t Talk To Strangers - Chris Gaylord
10. 36-24-36 - Violent Femmes
11. Rolling Log Blues - Buffy Sainte-Marie
12. Ahlof Bi Houbbi Ya Min – Amaya
13. You Ain’t Goin Nowhere - The Byrds
14. One More Hour - Sleater-Kinney
15. Don’t Be Upset - Jeffrey & Jack Lewis
16. Waist Deep In The Big Muddy - Pete Seeger
17. You Are My Flower - The Carter Family
18. Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
19. My Back Pages - Po!
20. Blue Eyes - Uncle Tupelo
21. Evergreen - Roy Orbison

1 comment:

Marek Bennett said...

Robyn --

Cool, I was wondering when you would put out a blog!

I especially like the "Dairy Tunes" concept, but I don't know all that many songs about cows...